When it comes to the wonderful and exotic world of music, stringed instruments or sounds always tend to be far better with every tune. There are loads of stringed instruments out there, but nothing beats a dulcimer.
Moreover, this dulcimer comes with strings that you can tune accordingly. But you should take note that the strings are often affected by ambient conditions no matter how fine you try to tune them. So, keep that in mind while playing.
This all-wooden dulcimer is made from spruce and maple. Its top, back, and sides are all laminated with spruce while its neck and fingerboard is all maple.
Besides, its design is elegant and stylish making it ideal for kids and adults of all age group. You can even use it as a nice display item in your home if you are not into it that much.
It is very easy to play and comes with 6 ½ frets that are spaced perfectly.
You can never ask for more with this portable dulcimer. It works as stated and produces some of the best tunes.
You should also know that it does not come with any set of instructions but you can always look for some dulcimer books online or consult websites that cover stringed instruments.
- It has tight tuning pins for the perfect sound. But you should be aware that when the strings are still new, it takes some constant adjusting until they become fully stretched for that beautiful pleasing tone
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around. It actually measures 31 inches in length and weighs 2.2 pounds. You can carry it in an Applecreek Dulcimer gig bag or buy a wooden case for proper storage
- This Applecreek ACD 100 dulcimer comes with four metal strings that are bound to make some of the most beautiful notes and sounds
- It has the perfect shape and is made from wood. Its fingerboard and neck are all maple while the top, sides, and back are all made of laminated spruce
- It is highly affordable as it won’t need loads of sprucing-up as well as maintenance
Customers Who Purchased This Product Said
- It looks and sounds better when played, highly valuable and attractive for persons of all age who want to learn how to play it
- It is an excellent instrument for the price. It won’t disappoint from tuning to sound as well as durability
- You can easily have a strap adjusted to it so as to keep it from sliding off-lap while playing
- It makes for the perfect gift for string instrument lovers as well as those who enjoy folk song
- The Applecreek ACD 100 dulcimer is the best instrument for introducing someone to the wonderful world of stringed instruments
FAQs about Applecreek ACD 100 Dulcimer
Question. Does it come with strings and is it tuned?
Answer. Yes, it comes with strings that are affected by the ambient condition. You may have to tune it
Question. What note is each string to be tuned at?
Answer. The first string bass is at D, second string middle is A, third and fourth strings melody at D again
Question. Is this Dulcimer handmade or factory made?
Answer. This ACD 100 dulcimer is made from laminated spruce and maple in a very small factory in Romania
Question. Does it come with strings or a noter?
Answer. It comes with strings and a noter. But you should also keep in mind that this dulcimer is better suited for a child’s hand than an adults hand as it is ¾ in size
Question. What is it made from?
Answer. It is made from wood
Question. Is this dulcimer played with one hand
Answer. You can strum with the right hand and chord with the left hand
Question. Does this ACD 100 Dulcimer fit the Applecreek Dulcimer gig bag?
Answer. Yes it does, but you should take note that it is a soft bag, so be careful with its storage and do not put heavy things on top of it
Basically, this Applecreek ACD 100 dulcimer is perfect for newbie string lovers as well as advanced level string players. As much as it does not come with any set of instruction on use and maintenance, you can always look for some help online.
But if you know or have family and friends who are into any string instrument, playing the dulcimer instrument won’t be that of a task, as you can learn from them slowly and upgrade your level step by step.
Moreover, it has a modern style twist to it that makes it highly aesthetic for home display as well as class attendance. It is not something to hide or put away in a closet. Besides, its tiny frame and length make for an easier fit anywhere as well as easier portability.
The Applecreek Dulcimer is a must have for any serious and want-to-be string player and a wise investment for your home too, as your kids will get a chance to grow up with at least one musical instrument around.
- This dulcimer ranked #2 in our list of best mountain dulcimers